Friday, February 1, 2008

Viddy my glazz-balls my brothers...


These images were taken with a specialized NAVIS (NIDEK Advanced Vision Information System) camera at Texas State Optical just after Christmas. I decided to post these images because, sadly, they are the only digital images that I have purchased from another photographer in 2007. (Although I did buy books by photographers - does that count?). This procedure is, at least for me, replacing the chemical dilation procedure that allows the eye doctor to look at the back of my eye. I think it is superior because it is a permanent record of my eye's health and is so much less invasive. The procedure is especially important for extremely near sighted people like myself who are suseptible to retinal detachment, and did I mention it is so much less invasive? I'm proud to announce that my glazz-balls, the most important items in my photographic gearbag, are A-OK.


"It’s funny how the colours of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen." - Alex, from A Clockwork Orange.


No comments: